Welcome!

From our family...to yours!

Love....Christopher, Melissa (Kelly), Jalen, Eli and Zane!

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Dry erase marker anyone?

I'll be the first to admit...our life has been disorganized for AWHILE.  3 moves in 1 year on top of "I"ve not been THE most organized person in the past."

That's ALL changing in the Bruce home.  2015 is about SIMPLICITY.  Project by project, I've been slowly minimizing and organizing.  This particular one took 2 hours this week.  It'll save us much more time than that though! Quality time is my #1 love language so ANYthing time saving makes me SUPER happy!!! I didn't know I could be this excited about an organized fridge. lol


15 committed ladies and I are about to start a 21 day Challenge Group on Monday!  I was getting ready to start meal prepping when I looked in my fridge and not only saw a disaster, but smelt it too! Oiiyyy! I thought, how am I going to lead these ladies through meal prepping if I can't even get myself organized?  Can you say "LIGHT BULB" :)?  That was it.  The idea popped in my head and I HAD to see it through.  Chris came home to a BIG mess, but he was happy with the finished product. He actually said "You did me proud babe" ha. Here it is.  I hope it helps you:




~Breakfast shelf
~Lunch shelf
~USE ME section for opened products
~Meats and Cheese's are now in the boys' old TOY BIN
(hopefully we don't forget about them and waste less food now)
~MEAL PREPPED shelf. Ahhhh. Love!
~Daddy can grab his and go each morning



BUT WAIT!  This is what I'm MOST excited about. The THAWING drawer!  aka (old lunch meat and cheese drawer).  I put 2 servings of frozen split pea soup, frozen bananas, peas and frozen peaches for Zane ALL in to thaw for the next day.  

If anything leaks, it won't be as hard to clean up now. :)






Veggie drawer of course:



Another Fav. :)
Eli and Zane drawer.  
Zane crawled right up to it, put his hand on it and said "uh uh" meaning "i want, i want."




Of course we can't forget the freezer!  This is where this project started.  Each shelf is numbered, in hopes to not "forget about food in here."  I can open the freezer, look at the ice maker here and say "oh, I have 2 bags of wild berries I can use, etc"



Finished project:



Lastly, I added the tally in our milk section so I know if we're out or getting close to being out of one. As you can see, we're out of Coconut and Almond milk.  If we're good, there's a + sign.  I KNOW, I'm the nerd in the relationship.  It works though, makes meal prepping and our days easier AND makes me happy everytime I open our fridge! 
Milk shelf, salad fixins' shelf, sauces shelf, condiments shelf:



NOW it's time to get preppin'! Meal prepping that is. Boys are napping so Mama will be in the kitchen.  Grab your dry erase markers and go! :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment