Welcome!

From our family...to yours!

Love....Christopher, Melissa (Kelly), Jalen, Eli and Zane!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Zane's Birth Story



I've had many friends ask for Zane's birth story.  Guess what, he's a year old and I just wrote it at 3am after he woke to nurse.  Eek! It's etched in my mind forever though.

Dec. 1st (his due date) had come and gone.  Chris and I went into my midwife appt at noon on Dec. 2nd. She stripped my membranes (sorry guys) to "speed things along"and accidentally BROKE my water.  There was water all over. She's handing Chris paper towels and telling him to help clean up. LOL His look was priceless!  It made me laugh in the moment.  This meant...it was BABY day! :)

We drove home and within an hour contractions were starting...strong and 2 minutes apart. We grabbed our hospital bag, kissed Eli goodbye and left him at home with Bumpa and Umma (so grateful they were there).

I had a plan.  A plan to savor each moment of this delivery. A plan to have a natural (present) birth. I had labored 7 hrs straight with Eli before I asked for an epidural. I had fought each contraction with Eli, not breathed through them.  Determined not to do that with Zane, here we go!
My labor kit included doterra lavender essential oil (MUST), my favorite herbal heat pack (I've had back labor with each baby), our playlists with my driving force (worship music), chap stick, hair ties, cough drops, breathing techniques, etc. 

We had a birthing room with a whirlpool tub, Oiyyy! I was so excited. After the contractions really strengthened and got closer together, they approved me getting in. It helped relax me in between, but once the contractions started to peak, I soon realized the pain I was in. It was all okay though because I was surrendering through them.  I was letting go and letting God.  It was beautiful. We had our Jesus Culture playing loud, bathroom light dimmed, room smelled of lavender and the love of my life was holding my hand. After an hour I started vomiting from the pain. It was time to get out and get ready. 

This labor was different.  I felt like each contraction was a prayer.  I was so (in the spirit) and (in the moment).  See, I knew that I had to be strong for my lil baby because he was so strong for me.  We had two scares in the womb.  The first at 16 weeks pregnant.  The night before we were to start our drive across Country to Virginia.  I started hemorrhaging, had two tears in my uterus and we left the ER with a 50/50 chance of a miscarriage. Thanks to all our prayer warriors for your love and prayers. God delivered.  He protected our baby in the womb.  Then at 32 weeks, he tried to arrive early.  After 2 IV's and medicine to stop the labor, we got to go home. 

The internal knowing of Zane's strength, my worship music, lavender oil, my husband and knowing the blessing God was gifting us...allowed me to stay strong mentally through this labor.  I had vomited so much towards the end from pain, that I asked for an epidural, but it was so late.  Correction, I screamed for an epidural.  After an hour of pushing, our sweet sweet baby boy arrived. His labor was 8 hours from start to finish. He had such a sweet gentle presence immediately. He barely made a coo.  He didn't cry. He's still that way.  Oh my.  Now I'm crying. Ahh, God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!!


Happy ONE year Birthday baby Zane!! Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment